Our Aunt Robyn was telling me about a new recipe she made for her son’s family last week, and I had to try it straight away.
Robyn’s homemade orange chicken was a hit here last night. It is a pretty simple recipe but packed with flavor.
Robyn’s Orange Chicken
- One bag of chicken tenders or tenderloins, prepared and cut into bite sized pieces
- Olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red or sweet onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 15-oz can pineapple pieces in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 bottle Panda Express orange sauce
- Rice for serving
- Cook chicken tenders in oven according to directions or prepare chicken tenderloins. Cut up into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Cut two bell pepper and one large onion into bite sized pieces and sauté in olive oil just a few minutes (softened but not squishy).
- Drain a 15-oz can of pineapple pieces, saving the juices, and add pineapple to veggies. Cook another minute or two.
- Meanwhile, mix the pineapple juice with a bottle of Panda Express orange sauce. Drizzle sauce into your pan, stirring to mix, until it is saucy enough for your liking. Cook another couple minutes to warm the sauce.
- Serve with jasmine rice and extra sauce on the side.
Some suggestions from my boys for next time:
- Add baby corn
- Add water chestnuts
- Add more chicken
I’m anxious to hear if you try it, what you add or change!