We had a gathering of neighbors a few nights ago and I wanted a good summer drink to offer. I inherited a love of sangria from my mother. It’s the perfect summer drink – light and fruity and sweet.
Try this peach sangria with watermelon ice cubes for your next summer gathering!
Peach Sangria with Watermelon Ice Cubes
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c sugar
- Bottle of rose
- Bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/3 c peach schnapps
- 3 peaches, sliced thinly
- 1/4 watermelon, balled or cubed
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Make your simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small pan, stirring regularly until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the wines and schnapps in a large pitcher. Stir in the simple syrup and peaches. Put in the fridge to cook for several hours.
- Lay out your watermelon cubes or balls on a cookie sheet and set in the freezer for several hours to freeze.
- When ready to serve, add a few watermelon cubes to your glass, top with sangria and a few mint leaves. Enjoy!
I set mine up like a little station, with directions on how to mix up your own drink.
I highly recommend it! What’s your favorite summer cocktail?